Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

youth dont give no shitz bout respek.

once I called my mom Marsha, because she calls her parents by their first names....my dad threatened to hit me.
Turns out, though, that the Globe thinks it's common, even cool to have lame ass nicknames for your parents.
Ro Ro and Cha Cha did not think so. We got kicked out of their house for callig them that. Alas, most my age are cooler than me:

Among some teenagers and twentysomethings, "Mom and Dad" are giving way to slangy, quirky nicknames.

Sometimes the nicknames spring up impromptu. Other times they migrate from kids' shorthand references for their parents into pet names. The simplest are variations on first and last names.

Consider "Shar Shar," the name a daughter's friend gave to Sharon Levitan in Weston.

" 'Shar Shar' sounds like I'm a cockapoo or something," Levitan lamented. "If they came up with something a little more mature, I wouldn't mind, since with these kids a nickname means you're endeared to them."

the article goes on to blame everything from text messages to IMs to myspace and even the hippie parents ways of rearing.

Regardless, it'll be a long time before you hear me call my dad"Sweet Man," "Glenzo," or "Pina."

Sarah Switlik, 18, a Babson College student from Princeton, N.J., said her mother, Pam, wasn't thrilled at first when Sarah called her P-Money. "Initially my mom said, 'Really, Sarah,' exasperatedly. Now when she's texting she signs off, 'Love, P$.' It makes her feel like one of the girls."
A remindeR: Mom's not supposed to be one of the girls.
She's your MOM. Respect her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home