Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

10 quotes on what it feels like to get shot

1. The Soldier’s Story: Vietnam in … - Google Book Search
"The bullet felt like somebody took a log and ran into you and knocked you down."

2. German immigrant takes bullet for U.S. ‘ideals’ - CNN.com
Pinned down in a firefight with insurgents in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, Jamaleldine was shot in the face.
"I felt like I got hit by Mike Tyson," he says, pointing to a two-inch long scar on his left cheek.

3. Why South Africa Sucks: Stray bullets
"I thought I had been hit by a firewok. Then there was a sharp, severe pain in my foot. I took off my shoe and sock and I spotted the end of the bullet. Without thinking what I was doing, I pulled the bullet out with my fingernails."

4. ‘80 Taliban had surrounded me, I had to keep on firing’ - Telegraph
"I looked down and could see that my femur had been snapped," recalled the 22-year-old soldier. "There was a bullet hole and a lot of blood. It felt as though I had been hit with a hammer.

5. BBC - WW2 People’s War - A Letter From a Derbyshire Serviceman
Then I jumped up and shouted for the stretcher bearer — and boy I felt the biggest bash in my chest. It was, just like a kick from a mule. It picked me right off my feet, and flung me on my back. I just shouted Tom they’ve hit me, and he came.

6. Then I Was Shot
"I remember feeling like someone hit me in the head with a hammer," Russell says. "It caught me by surprise. I didn’t think I was a threat. I didn’t think I deserved to die."

7. KEMP EXCLUSIVE: I WASN’T TOO BOTHERED ABOUT BEING SHOT.. I WAS ON FIRE AT THE TIME - Mirror.co.uk
Recalling his battle in Moscow, Ross says: "I know I was shot a couple of times - it felt like being hit by a nail gun - but I didn’t worry too much. I was too concerned about being on fire.

8. A Closer Look At Littleton, Two Students Tell Their Stories - CBS News
"I was shot with a shotgun from a distance, and no more than seven pellets went into my right leg," he says. "At one point I was lying on the floor after I’d gotten shot just hoping they wouldn’t come back and, you know, shoot us in the head. That was my worst fear."

9. A student described in court how a gunman looked him straight in the eye before opening fire and shooting him on a university campus. Aaron Waller was hit three times as…
The student added: "His arm was outstretched. He was holding a black gun. He pulled the trigger and I turned my body. He hit me on the side."

10. I was shot, claims anti-whaling activist - New Zealand’s source for World News on Stuff.co.nz
"I felt an impact on my chest at one point and didn’t think too much of it at the time and then when I opened up my survival suit – I had a bulletproof vest (on) – and there was a bullet lodged in it," he told ABC Radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home