Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Sunday, January 4, 2009

my man, the cow.

My man, former presidential candidate Bill Richardson is withdrawing his nomination to be commerce secretary.

Why?
He is being investigated as to ties with a dirty company.
Two Democratic officials told CNN the investigation involves a California company that won municipal bond business in New Mexico after contributing money to various Richardson causes.

In a statement Sunday, Richardson said he asked Obama "not to move forward" with his nomination now.
"I do so with great sorrow. But a pending investigation of anauivocally that I and my Administration have acted properly in all matters and that this investigation will bear out that fact. But I have concluded that the ongoing investigation also would have forced an untenable delay in the confirmation process. Video Watch why Richardson bowed out »

"Given the gravity of the economic situation the nation is facing, I could not in good conscience ask the President-elect and his Administration to delay for one day the important work that needs to be done."

Obama released a statement saying that he accepted the withdrawal with "deep regret."

Richardson will continue in his role as Governor.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home