Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Priest Dresses as Hobo to Prove Point

Reverend Rigby, who preaches at a Methodist church in Prestatyn, N Wales wanted to teach his congregation a lesson about being kind to others.
So he bought clothes at a thrift shop, doused them in beer, but holes in all the right places, got a wig, and drew tattoos on himself. He then sat on the front stoop as the 70 churchgoers silently walked past and took their seats in the pews.

Rev Rigby said: ‘I went to great lengths to be as convincing as possible.
‘I didn’t shave for three days, made my hands and face dirty and drew on tattoos. I looked in the mirror before the service and I didn't recognise myself.’

Before being ordained, Rigby was a cop for 15 years.


‘It was interesting to see the reaction from people - I was totally ignored. It showed that we don’t recognise God at work and in each other.’
"In other places I was given as much as £4.50, a packet of biscuits and a blanket - but in Prestatyn I got nothing. I told the congregation they are a stingy lot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home