Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Friday, March 28, 2008

No Endorsement; Bloomberg Plays It Down The Middle

CBS-Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Sen. Barack Obama stood side-by-side once again Thursday, nearly four months after their mystery breakfast outing at a Manhattan diner. This time, Obama was in town to deliver what was billed as a major speech on the economy, while many believed Bloomberg was poised to deliver his endorsement.

With all eyes on the mayor as he walked onto the stage at The Cooper Union, Bloomerg introduced the Illinois senator, and while there was plenty of speculation of the endorsement, instead he played it down the middle.

"I'm glad that Sen. Obama has chosen come to our city to speak out on the economy. There will be plenty of opinions on what he has to say, this is New York, after all. And I'm not sure that all of us will agree with every idea, myself included," he said. "But it is critical we know where each candidate stands as we make perhaps the most important decision of our lives next November."

Obama was equally cordial, joking about treating Bloomberg to breakfast a few months ago during his last visit to the big apple.

"The reason I bought breakfast is because I expect payback for something more expensive. I'm no dummy," Obama joked. "The mayor was a cheap date that morning. There are some good steakhouses here in New York."

Interesting. I wonder if that is a real possiblility? I'm gonna go ahead and say....YES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home