Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Parking fine for vintage tractor

The owner of a vintage tractor said he was stunned to get a parking ticket for his 1957 Ferguson machine which had not left its storage shed for years.
Derek Coldrick, 61, received the £60 penalty ticket from Herefordshire Council claiming his tractor was parked illegally in Broad Street, Hereford.

"It looks lovely and shiny but it doesn't have any brakes or lights and a top speed of 3mph," he said.

The council said it appeared his number plate details had been cloned.

It is an amazing vehicle but you could barely get it to the edge of town, let alone Hereford.

When Mr Coldrick, who lives in Cirencester, contested the ticket, Herefordshire Council accepted his explanation and cancelled the penalty charge

He said: "When I saw the letter it was a big shock, but after seeing the registration I realised it was not for my car but for the tractor in my shed.
"To my knowledge the tractor has never been out of it.

"I think I would have been pulled over very quickly if I had been spotted. It would have been even funnier if it had been a speeding ticket."

The council said it believed the registration plates were copied and warned him that he was likely to contacted again if the other vehicle was involved in similar incidents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home