Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Cowell 'lookalike' is sentenced

I can't say I wouldn't do the exact same thing....

A lorry driver who attacked a student who told him he resembled X Factor judge Simon Cowell has been ordered to pay him £100 compensation.
Anthony Calvert, 45, flew into a rage when holidaymaker Adam Davies, 19, told him: "You look just like Simon Cowell".
Calvert, of Trefechan, Aberystwyth, hit Mr Davies, of Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taf, five times in the face, and admitted causing actual bodily harm.

Aberystwyth magistrates also gave him a suspended three-month prison sentence.

Prosecutor Craig Jones said: "Mr Davies remarked that he looked like Simon Cowell. Calvert asked him if he was serious and Mr Davies said: 'Yes, I am'


"Without further comment, Calvert then punched to him to the face several times."

I was just shocked and didn't see it coming at all
Calvert then left the Fountain Inn pub in Aberystwyth, but returned later and again hit Mr Davies.
Mr Davies suffered a swollen lip, bruised cheek and nose and a swollen forehead.

The student told magistrates: "I made a jest about him looking like Simon Cowell. I don't know why - it was just a bit of a joke.

"Then he punched me five times.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/mid_/7149503.stm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home