Humanoids are stupid. Laugh at them.

Monday, November 26, 2007

pretenders quote of awesome.

"I was hanging out with this guy who was in a motorcycle club. One day while visiting their "clubhouse," he took me into this room and bolted the door shut. He wanted to play me his favorite record, but he didn’t want any of his "brothers" to hear it.... It was Sam Cooke singing "The Great Pretender." I looked at this white supremacist lowlife, with his hand on his heart and his eyes shut, swaying to that clear, black voice, and I thought, "I’ll have some of that." -Chrissie Hynde, of the Pretenders, on how her band got their name

2 Comments:

At November 27, 2007 at 5:33 AM , Blogger ***** said...

Now that is a cool story, Sam Cooke births the Pretenders.

 
At November 28, 2007 at 1:23 PM , Blogger edanduarte said...

That's fucking brilliant! I think someone told me once that Hitler had a large collection of Jewish singers of which he was also "reclusive" when listening to them. I love it when ignorant racist assholes hang up their klan hats and show their gentler, more humane side.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home